"For teachers... who see the child before the student, who remind us that we all have special gifts to offer the world, who foster the importance of standing out rather than fitting in." Lynda Mullaly Hunt

Looking at Twitter, Trello and Open Source Educational Resources

During this class we reviewed Twitter and Twitter Deck.  This week I went on to my Twitter account and I was blown away by the information and connections I can make through this tool.  During our seminar class  on Wednesday this week Kristin Holland came and spoke and talked about story workshops, which I was very curious about.  I saw a tweet come up, so I clicked on it and was able to learn more about how to work with watercolours in story workshops! Wow, it look so interesting.  Here it is:

Today links were created by Michael as signing up tool for our inquiry project.  Again, I had not thought of this as a teaching tool, but all of the students in the room were able to type on to the document at the same time as it was projected on to the big screen.  There are pros and cons to this method as everyone can change everything in the document, but I think it is an exciting tool to know about.

Open Educational Resources were reviewed and the options are endless for teachers to use these free teaching tools to build curriculum and support learning, but I must say it is overwhelming to know everything that is available and how to use it.

Copyright has always been something that I care about as an artist so it was interesting to review it in class.  It was interesting to me that copyright now has other options that weren’t available even a few years ago, like creative commons.  These options allow me to really think deeply about the images I put online and how I will present them for the public to use or not use.

Here are the slides from this class: https://edtechuvic.ca/edci336/2019/09/24/slides-from-week-three/

1. blog3003

First of all I want to say fantastic blog! I had a quick question that I’d
    like to ask if you do not mind. I was interested to find out how you center
    yourself and clear your head prior to writing.
    I’ve had difficulty clearing my mind in getting my thoughts out.
    I do enjoy writing but it just seems like the first 10 to 15
    minutes are generally wasted simply just trying to figure out how to begin.
    Any ideas or hints? Thank you!